Things to Know About Our Bed and Breakfast in Western North Carolina
Whether you are staying At Cumberland Falls Bed & Breakfast Inn for a vacation in the Smoky Mountains, a business trip to Asheville, or are just passing through, here are some things you’ll need to know before you arrive.
- A fifty percent deposit is required in order to guarantee a room. All single-night reservations are charged in full on the day they are made.
- Deposits can be made by personal checks or accepted credit cards. Deposits made by personal checks must be received within 7 days from the date of the reservation. We do not accept personal checks at check-in.
- Should a cancellation of your reservation become necessary, we require 30-day notice of your cancellation. Cancellations must be received by telephone call only. We do not accept Email Cancellations.
- With a 30-day notice of cancellation-Your deposit minus a $40.00 re-booking fee will be refunded.* Room rate for all scheduled nights apply. Early departures are viewed as cancellations. There will also be a $40 re-booking fee applied.
- If the room cancellation is made less than 30 days before the first date of your reservation, you will be charged half the nightly room rate of all scheduled nights booked, unless we are able to re-book the room. All room charges are applicable if 72 hours notice of cancellation is not provided. Events/Weddings-require 90-days notice of cancellation of event or 50% forfeiture of event fees. Less than 45 days- no refunds. October is high season. 30 days cancellation notice required to obtain refund for any room booked. Trip Insurance is offered by several companies and can protect your planned trip from unexpected emergencies.
- When making a reservation, please remember that cancellations have a greater economic effect on smaller properties. We are making a commitment to you by holding your selected room and you are making one to us as well.
- Due to the freshly prepared, largely locally sourced, multi-course nature of our breakfast, we need 3-days’ notice to effectively deal with ANY customized dietary requirements. Regretfully, in order to offset some of the time and increased expense of “off menu” items it has become necessary to add a daily surcharge of $10 pp/ a day for Vegan/ Vegetarian or Gluten free offerings. ***
- Letting us know when you book your reservation allows time to shop and prepare these meals wonderfully, deliciously, and perfect for you! OCTOBER 2015 AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: PLEASE READ AMENDED STATEMENT RE: DIETARY MODIFICATIONS ON INNKEEPER CORNER SECTION OF FRONT PAGE.
- We are members of Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce, AAA-3 Diamond Property, Asheville Legendary Inns, North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Inns (our state association) and Mobil Travel Guide.
- Check-in time is between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. unless otherwise arranged. We will accommodate later check-in times with prior arrangements.
- Check-out time is at 11:00 a.m. Extensions may be available if requested. Breakfast is a one-time seating at 9:00 a.m. For your convenience, a yummy continental take-away breakfast can be arranged if you have activity conflicts requiring an early start or just want to sleep in. We get that!
- There is a $45.00 charge for each additional person in the room above double occupancy/$30.00 service fee for 1 night on weekends and holidays.
- We hope you will enjoy our smoke-free environment. Smoking is permitted ONLY mid-garden at picnic table or on public street. Smoking in home will result in $500 fee used for smoke abatement to ensure next guest a smoke-free environment.
- Please, no children under 10 years old.
- We love animals but are not able to accommodate pets.
- There are occasional weekends with odd bookings in which we are happy to accept single-night stays based on availability and booking patterns. There is a $30 service charge for single-night stays on the Weekends. * Single-night reservations whether on the weekends or weekday are charged on the day they are reserved.
Procrastinator’s Special – Applies to NORMAL RACK RATE OF $195 – $259 ONLY and cannot be added or combined with any other special discount.
The following is for the Innkeepers Use Only.